Software Engineer


Warwick, GB, CV34 6DA

Division:  Gas Transmission (GT)
Job Type: 
Requisition Number:  31384
Job Category: 
Job Function:  Information Technology

About the role


Would you be interested in being part of an agile team as a Software Engineer to design and build the engineering capability to support a brand-new FTSE 100 business? The recent sale of National Grid’s Gas Transmission & Metering business has created a fantastic opportunity for us to build new teams, new products and new technology without any legacy constraints. This truly is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor in a newly formed company in a newly formed team which will grow in an exciting time given the technology we are looking at as we include hydrogen in the energy mix, which is going to be huge for us over the coming years

We are hiring a Software Engineer to join our new IT Engineering department in Warwick. Hybrid and flexible working are ingrained into Our Culture and this permanent role offers a mix of office and home working.


What we are looking for


If you have experience of the following, then we would certainly want to speak with you

•    Knowledge of Agile software delivery models (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe etc)
•    Experience working with CI/CD Tools such as GIT, Azure DevOps, Jenkins
•    Familiar with Java and/or .Net and core Python skills
•    Exposure to JavaScript

What you can expect from us


•    A competitive salary up to £61,450
•    25 days holiday on top of the standard UK bank holidays
•    Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your base salary
•    A pension scheme a generous pension scheme, double matched up to 6% of your salary each month. For every £1 you contribute we’ll put in another £2, so if you put in 6%, we’ll add 12% giving a total of 18% to your pension pot (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to)
•    You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as salary sacrifice car and technology schemes
•    Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines and much more

More Information


Earlier I mentioned the ‘Gas Transmission part of the National Grid Business’.
In March 2022, National Grid agreed to sell a 60% majority stake in National Grid Gas plc to the consortium comprising Macquarie Asset Management and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation. The gas business remains part of the National Grid Group until the sale is completed, and we expect it to become a separate company in the second half of 2022.

This means we are currently in a period of both opportunity and creativity. While nobody knows exactly what things will look like in a years’ time, those who join the business now will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of Gas Transmission in the UK.
If you’re up for this challenge within IT Engineering, please apply below.